Friday, March 28, 2008

Entrepreneurs vs. Arm Chair Quarterbacks

I have in my life taken a much different route compared to most of my peers. Startups and entrepreneurship have always been part of me since the very early stages of my life. I vividly remember the experience of leaving my cushy IS Manager job at a medium size corp when I was 16 years old to start an import car accessories and stereo consulting/installation company for the first time. Sure, it wasn't a glamorously successful venture but I made my lunch money and had lots of fun while doing it. From that point on, I knew that entrepreneurship was what fits me best. However, startups are not for everyone. I think many would agree with me. With that said, the thing that I can't stand is exactly what Kelly Smith from Curious Office beautifully describes in his blog entry, Entrepreneurs vs. arm chair quarterbacks. Arm chair quarterbacks criticizing startups can be pretty annoying. It's like if EnGadget were to do product reviews without ever even touching the physical thing... Doesn't make a lot of sense does it?

0 comments: