Wednesday, May 30, 2007

The WebOS Paradigm???



There's a new web-based desktop product out there called DesktopTwo in beta stage that seems like a pretty cool idea. I took about 10 minutes to sign up and play with it a little myself and it seems like that it would be pretty useful for people on the go and always using different computers. However, I suspect that "people" will most likely equal to "students" because the applications available are pretty opensource heavy and you know non-techy corporate users swear by their Outlook and MS Office. As for other non-corporate users, mobility for personal use is just not important enough "to learn yet another thing." That aside, it does provide quite a bit of features and services such as your own e-mail address @desktoptwo.com as well as your own blog off of their server.

1 comments:

Xeno-Phon said...

Blackberries FTW! Nah, I'm just kidding. Though I admit, 24/7 access to all my files and the internet is enticing.

Thanks for commenting. Yeah, I know about this blog, my subscription is a week old.