Monday, January 5, 2009

Soonr: Powerful cloud services platform

It has been a while now and I have heard numerous times, "You never update your blog anymore!" So I am going to try to pop my head back up out of the water. Since I last updated, I decided to give in and purchased an iPhone because my Samsung Blackjack II was starting to act up after being dropped in the washer... I know... don't ask... =P I must say though, I am pretty impressed with the iPhone and am generally very happy with it. I also got used to the soft keyboard pretty quickly just like everyone told me I would. However, there are still 3 grips that I have about the iPhone which has probably been written all over the web already:

1. No MMS support...
2. Lack of bluetooth capabilities
3. No video recorder unless you hack the hell out of your iPhone (subjective)

In any case, back to the main topic. I recently ran across Soonr, a "desktop to cloud to iPhone" technology/service via Venture Beat.



I finally gave it a try today and thought that it works amazingly well. This is definitely something that can prove to be useful in a collaborative environment especially since a lot of my co-workers and friends all have iPhones as well. I also have a few documents that I constantly update like my billable hours that I some times would like a quick glimpse of w/o having to open up my laptop while I am on the road which I can now do with Soonr. Best of all, the service is free! Now I just hope that they come out w/ some simple document editing features so I can also do last minute edits and such on the fly. Give it a try and let me know what you all think! =)

0 comments: